Recent content by kartman2788

  1. K

    Help with driver and belt?!

    So the carb was completely shot so I ended up buying a new used engine, a 8hp briggs and stratton industrial engine. I already have the 20 series driven on the kart but no driver. I think I need a 20 series symmetric driver. The only problem is that the engine I have has a threaded shaft and...
  2. K

    Help with driver and belt?!

    So I just remeasured the right way : ) and it's 3/4" so I do indeed have a 20 series driven. I want to know if it will be able to handle the 10hp I'm gonna be using?
  3. K

    Help with driver and belt?!

    Thanks redsox985 and bman for your help! I I took a more pics of the driven, it's a comet and has 20 on the back so I'm guessing it's a 20 series (I'm a genius I know!). I would rather not buy a new driven and driver for the kart. I know you mentioned bc of the high hp I'm using a 40 series...
  4. K

    what kind of magneto/ign coil is this?

    I got it figured out, thank you for the help! Now I need to figure out how to connect the engine to the driven, I think I need a 20 series casuse it's a 7'' but I'm not sure. Any advice would be great! http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11586
  5. K

    Help with driver and belt?!

    I need to figure out how to connect the engine to the driven, I think I need a 20 series driver cause it's 7'' but I'm not sure. Any advice on how I would find out what size and where I should measure on my engine (Robin 9 or 11 hp) would be great! If you haven't figured out that I have never...
  6. K

    what kind of magneto/ign coil is this?

    This is off a 10 hp engine (I think) it has no plate or any real markings other than the ones on the flywheel and I can't find anything on them. The engine turns over nicely and all I need is a new magneto/ignition coil (pictured). If you have ANY idea what kind it is (the coil or make of motor...
  7. K

    10 hp vs 18 hp?

    Hey all, I need help deciding whether to use a 10 or 18 hp engine on my go kart? What are some pros and cons of both? Thanks in advance, Sam
Top