Recent content by Jblackwell

  1. J

    Got a few questions

    After lots of searching I think it may be a Carter 1136. My brake band keeps slipping off of the drum. This probably indicates it's time to replace the band? Drum? Both? (I've limited experience with drum brakes and this is my 1st that's not internally expanding)
  2. J

    Got a few questions

    Yeah alignment was way off and front tires were shot but other than that seems fairly solid especially for what I paid. Guy said he paid over 700 for it last year and his kids rode it like 4 times I offered 400 settled at 450.
  3. J

    Got a few questions

    I might have to try something like that, I noticed there are alot more tire options when you go up to 18 and 20. The vtred is about the only 16x6-8 I saw anywhere
  4. J

    Got a few questions

    Pros and cons for smaller tires in front? I think I understand tires being skinnier than the rears for easier steering but the height make a difference?
  5. J

    Got a few questions

    Not sure about the flywheel as I havnt removed anything on the engine. That's under the cover that houses the pull cord right? There is a throttle stop screw on the engine but wouldn't that burn up the clutch by not allowing it to get to high enough rpm and engage fully? (just realized I don't...
  6. J

    Got a few questions

    Hi kart peoples, My name is Jeremiah, I'm new here, got a few questions I'm sure you fine humans could help me find the answers to. 1. Bought a kart off the side of the road for a few hundred bucks, have no idea of the frame make or model. Guy I bought it from doesn't know either but claims...
Top