Recent content by izzy_real

  1. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    There is so much help here. I'm on it, I can't wait to get this thing running! If I don't, I'll disappoint my neighbor's kids!
  2. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    So the discs have soaked and soaked, I'm going to let them soak another three or four days (because of work mostly! I spray them every night :thumbsup: ) But, I know they won't just slide off, do I push this pin out? Toward the engine? I'm not sure how I would get behind the disc to hammer it...
  3. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    Hey landuse, I was looking through your build last night after I posted this question, you're very skilled in this hobby! Poboy, I've not tried WD-40 Specialist Penetrating Oil, I'm gonna look at that today..thank you for the heads up!
  4. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    Hey, Chancer! Thank you for chiming in and helping me out! The Silver and Blue kart is awesome! I'm heading out for a refill on PB Blaster, and I'm gonna soak it as you said, sir. Thanks again, izzy
  5. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    Good morning, afternoon, and evening! I hope I haven't been long forgotten! I ordered a tool to remove the hub assemble from the axle. The right side hub was badly rusted and wouldn't come off. My tool badly scarred the axle as you'll see in the photo. I need to remove the brake disc to remove...
  6. I

    New Guy from South West Virginia

    Thanks for the warm welcome! This is the friendliest forum I've been a part of!
  7. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    My favorite part of this forum so far is how you guys raz each other! I was planning to build a lawnmower, err, I mean, kart ;) but ran out of time, then this one was given to me. It's 600am where I am, and I'm off work by noon today, so I'm gonna tear into it. I think I wanna get new tires...
  8. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    Sid, you ROCK!!! I'm gonna start tomorrow, I hope I can keep you friendship through this project. You are a true gentlemen and a scholar!
  9. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    It kind of hops when I drive it, and I want to fix those brakes, I'm just not sure what kind of airhearts to get lol
  10. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    Please forgive me if I've entered the wrong area. I want to do this correctly, and I know you can help me! izzy
  11. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    More Pics Here are some torque convert pics, brake cables that are rusty, and the adjustment bolt.
  12. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    More pictures Here are some pictures of the frame and rear axles.
  13. I

    I am new to karts, and I need your help!

    I picked up this kart from a buddy of mine, and I want to fix the breaks, and get this going. It has a Predator 212cc engine, Airheart brakes, and a Comet torque converter. It looks to me like the brake disc is painted. Also, the pads are shot. I'm going to attempt to add photos.
  14. I

    New Guy from South West Virginia

    I'm new, and I'm hoping I am in the right place! I recently acquired a go-kart from a buddy of mine and I need help finding the correct parts. Thank you in advance for your help!
Top