Recent content by Ikarskarn

  1. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    Check out this one: http://centralmich.craigslist.org/sno/4063757249.html I don't want to buy one like that, I want to do it myself. ;-)
  2. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    These are all my go kart projects. :auto:
  3. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    This is the engine that came with the Dazon Dune Buggy. I would just spend so much time trying to figure it all out. It does not have power output either I don't think, I know it don't have a starter. I have no clue what it came off of, so buying one where I know it's history would be my best...
  4. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    Oh yeah, anything on the chain and sprocket that I will need to buy? I have no clue what to look for or even find on Ebay. How do I tell chain size and such? Thank you so much!
  5. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    I really appreciate the help, and it is helping. It is making me totally replan what I am doing. Getting the whole sled is practical and really easy up here, so that is my new plan. As far as the pillow blocks, I was under the understanding that the jackshaft has to be a little smaller then...
  6. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    I was looking at this engine as well, but gives you an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151123292193?item=151123292193&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:BOCOR:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
  7. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    Won't be a 'new' one, just new to me. I have a place close that is a snowmobile junk yard, they have a lot of them there. There are snowmobile trails up here 30 miles long and longer, really nice. I will email the guy right now and ask about everything being included. So my plans seem right?
  8. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    What I would really like to is be able to put a gearbox in so that I have reverse. This is a big machine to be pushing backwards! It already comes with the shifter mounted inside.
  9. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    Have an engine, but not going to use it, will buy another one with electric start. I will start out with an engine and 1" shaft, I will put on my parts from there...
  10. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    Using the pillow block for the jackshaft, or so I think. Again, that is why I am here, lol. My plans are to have the driver on the engine running a belt to the driven mounted on the 7/8" jackshaft which goes through my pillow blocks to a sprocket, which would have a chain to the sprocket in my...
  11. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    The bacon is to eat, long project ahead of me! haha
  12. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    That is why I am here, and by the sound of that, I guess I don't? Okay, I can get 7/8" key shafts very easy, do I go to a machine shop to be able to put screw holes in the ends to hold on my parts?
  13. I

    Dazon project and I need help!

    I just started into go karts and I really need some help here. I have a total of 3 now, I thing two will be up and running by the end of next week. The Dazon is where I really need help. It came with a detached snow mobile engine. I am going to sell that and I'm looking at getting another...
Top