Recent content by guitarman AL

  1. G

    Shudders on takeoff

    clutch shuuders Not sure what you are calling the clutch "shoes." Do you mean the clutch hubs? I seemed to have solved my kart's shudder from Jeremy's advice. My clutch was fairly clean, but the bronze bushing was stuck to the shaft and not spinning freely. A liitle lube undeneath and it is...
  2. G

    tecumseh 6.5 question?

    Okay, thanks fellers. Guess I won't worry about that hole anymore.
  3. G

    tecumseh 6.5 question?

    No, its just one threaded hole in the side of the block behind the driver clutch of the TC.
  4. G

    tecumseh 6.5 question?

    Well, Russ, I'm sure you're right, just wonder whether from casting or for mounting, you'd think they would plug it.
  5. G

    Shudders on takeoff

    Hey, been having the same trouble with a torque converter. Mine only does it from a dead stop. Accelerates fine from mid range. Also seems to happen after it has run awhile. Heat related?
  6. G

    tecumseh 6.5 question?

    While servicing the TC, I noticed a threaded 1/2" hole in the block about an inch or two back from the driver cluth. Should this hole be plugged with something? Looks like it leads right in to the engine and could let in trash and dirt. Thanks
  7. G

    clutch shudders

    Woops, I have a series 20, symmetrical comet TC. The shudder or vibration I have described is in the kart. You feel it on acceleration from a stop towards the end of the power cycle (low range). It doesn't do it from midrange acceleration. And it seems to happen after the kart has run a few...
  8. G

    clutch shudders

    Guys, it feels more like a shudder or vibration on acceleration to me. It is a 30 series comet I believe. Found some superficial rust on driver hub faces, tried to emery off but cart seems to vibrate worse after it runs a while. Guess I'll pull the driver and see if I can clean it. The driven...
  9. G

    clutch shudders

    Thanks for all the ideas guys. Guess I'll just have to tear in to the TC and see what is going on...
  10. G

    clutch shudders

    Redsox, it seemed like it did it right off, but will have to check that to make sure. It seems to be just momentary as the cart accelerates, then smooths out.
  11. G

    clutch shudders

    Great photos redsox, thanks. Now I know what to look for, any idea why the cart shudders/vibrates on initial acceleration? Would some TC adjustment help that symptom?
  12. G

    clutch shudders

    Thanks, redsox. I'm pretty blissful right now and ignorant. Thought I had read that the carter TC was adjustable. Just noticed recently that on initial acceleration the cart vibrates or shudders for a second or two and then smooths out. I'll have to take the cover off and inspect it as I'm...
  13. G

    clutch shudders

    Thanks man, that's all I needed. Previously I bought the first ones (no shoulder) I could find and thought they were very reasonable. No wonder....
  14. G

    clutch shudders

    Is that all I need to do is buy better quality bearings. If so, where is a good place?
  15. G

    clutch shudders

    Thanks redsox, guess I have a TC. Belt seems kinda loose, but maybe that's right. Don't know any thing about them. Do TC's wear out or is there some adjustment? Wheel bearings press in to each side of wheel, and just run straight against the spindle nut. Seems like there would be a better...
Top