Recent content by Griff726

  1. Griff726

    Also not a toy

    http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/snw/5063525807.html http://imgur.com/a/PGgCv
  2. Griff726

    Senior Project Go Kart Build Thread

    Nice kart!
  3. Griff726

    New Toy

    Yes please. :useless:
  4. Griff726

    Senior Project Go Kart Build Thread

    I use imgur.com, it makes posting pictures really easy. It even has an android and ipone app which makes uploading from the phone super easy. Then it provides you with the bb code for embedded images in a forum.
  5. Griff726

    MN/ND/SD BnS give away

    I wish I lived closer.
  6. Griff726

    For trade: 20mm wet clutch with new gasket for torque converter

    I have a wet clutch 2:1 gearbox that came off of a honda g200 with a 20mm shaft. I now have a predator 212 with a 3/4" shaft. If you have an older Honda Motor, but can't find a clutch to fit, this is what you need. I would like to trade for a comet 30 torque converter or similar, that will work...
  7. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    Update: I went to the machine shop today and brought both engines as suggested by @anderkart. He had a pair of calipers (that I don't) and it turns out that @twisted was right. The honda drive shaft is 20mm and the 212 is 3/4in. Ideally at this point, I would like to buy a torque converter, but...
  8. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    Thanks! I had the same idea. :thumbsup: I'll be sure to let you all know how this works out.
  9. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    It's unfortunately not a gx200, it's an older g200. Still have the same advice? Also my skills in that area are nearly 0.
  10. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    I like this idea. Thanks! Are there any other benefits of using a chain vs belt or visa versa? I spoke with a machine shop today that is willing to dock the drive shaft and re-drill and tap the hole. Do most people here think that it's a bad idea? :stir:
  11. Griff726

    Harbor Freight V-Twin

    I saw them in the store by me when I was in there buying my 212. They look cool. :2guns:
  12. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    The output bore appears to be 20mm, but the shaft coming off of the g200 I believe is 3/4.
  13. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    I'll check the thread depth, as I think this is the best option. As far as putting a spacer behind the clutch: this would be my second choice. The problem with this plan is that I would then have the drive sprocket too far over. I can't move the driven sprocket because it would hit the brakes...
  14. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    The engine placement isn't the problem. The wet clutch/gear box won't mount to the motor with the shaft that long.
  15. Griff726

    Engine swap.

    So, I really want to hack 3/4" off of the drive shaft on the predator. Is this a bad idea? Help. :surrender:
Top