Recent content by Grand Dad

  1. G

    Help with sprockets

    Success... Thanks for the help guys! I got a 60t sprocket and installed it Friday. Everything works good. 10t clutch with 60t driven sprocket with #40 chain. My grand son is very pleased. Thanks again.
  2. G

    Help with sprockets

    Are you sure the sprockets are for #40 chain? Make sure the sprockets are aligned.
  3. G

    Help with sprockets

    Thanks Jerry and Affiar. I am running a 5hp Robin that came with the kart. Is there an ideal ratio for the sprockets?
  4. G

    Help with sprockets

    Thanks for the info Kaptian! My tire diameter is 13.5 inches. Where can I find a 72t sprocket for #40 chain? Or should I revert back to #35? I changed to #40 because #35 was stretching. I changed to #40 clutch,sprocket and chain. Will #35 carry the load? Open to all suggestions.....
  5. G

    Help with sprockets

    Thanks for the quick replies. I will measure the tires today. I did remove the jack shaft it was junk both mid sprockets were made together. I will order a 72t sprocket and give it a try. I not plan to put the jack shaft back in. I understand the ratio with two sprockets but how do you figure...
  6. G

    Help with sprockets

    I am working on a Manco kart I bought for my grandkids. The original sprockets were made of stamped steel and did not last one summer. The kart came with a 10 tooth clutch to a 36 tooth on a jack shaft with a 12 tooth on the shaft to a 36 tooth on the axle. I removed the jack shaft and...
Top