Recent content by funkart

  1. F

    clutch problems

    Everything seems original, tires and all. The way the clutch seems to be working is that when you get on the kart and give it gas the clutch just spins or slips and you slowly and i mean slowly start to take off and thats only if you're on a level area and the wheels are pointed straight ahead...
  2. F

    clutch problems

    I agree the gearing is'nt right because the thing will absolutely fly if you had a long enough area to wind it out. Way too fast for the kids.
  3. F

    clutch problems

    Tire size is 18 x 9.50-8 If the spring has stretched do you think it will work if i take the clutch apart and shorten the spring by a couple of coils? I shortened the spring on the old one and it helped but i still had the same problem. My clutch is the kind that has one circular spring...
  4. F

    clutch problems

    clutch Oh yeah, i was also wondering. Today was the first time i ran it with the new clutch, since it got hot i noticed that after it cools down i start it and it seems to be trying to engage and bog the motor down some. Could the clutch already be shot from it getting hot earlier? Seems like...
  5. F

    clutch problems

    clutch I did think about the gearing being the problem but the cousin of mine i got this from seems to of never had this problem i know of. That is whats so confusing to me because it came from the factory like this and they never had any problems. The gearing should be somewhere around 6 to 1...
  6. F

    clutch problems

    Hi, i'm new here and it seems like a good place to find out my problem. I'll give as much info as i can to help you with my problem. I have an older (10+ years) yerf-dog go-cart with a 5.5 hp tecumseh engine which i received from a cousin of mine. I can't find an exact model number on the...
  7. F

    clutch problems

    Hi, i'm new here and it seems like a good place to find out my problem. I'll give as much info as i can to help you with my problem. I have an older (10+ years) yerf-dog go-cart with a 5.5 hp tecumseh engine which i received from a cousin of mine. I can't find an exact model number on the...
Top