Recent content by farmall

  1. F

    Chain info and experience

    You look hard enough and have enough help, it always seem to work out. Thanks for the links. Problem solved:thumbsup:
  2. F

    Chain info and experience

    the #41 is an option except for the fact that the pin and roller are smaller and the side plates are thinner. It appears that it would work but in my case I need the strength. a 41 is about 1/2 the strength of a 40 from the charts I have read. Thanks for the reply
  3. F

    Chain info and experience

    Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a 38 link #40 chain instead of the 96 link 420 chain and throwing most of it out. The 420 chains don't come in bulk and you have to purchase the only available sizes they have already pre-cut.
  4. F

    Chain info and experience

    I've spent a bundle on sprockets for the 420 size chain. They are in much shorter supply and harder to find than the more standard size 40 chain. The size 40 chain and sprockets can be purchased almost anywhere and a lot cheaper with a very big selection available. From what I have researched...
Top