If my garage were part of a business, and I were an employee with an overbearing boss breathing down my neck at every step – fearful of his next OSHA inspection - I reckon he’d be giving me a talking to. Fortunately for me, I’m just a home hobbyist.
And let’s be honest - when people get hurt by...
https://www.weldsale.com/shop/ws55b-platen-5-ft-x-5-ft-with-stand/
They can be pretty pricey when new. My table is a heavy-duty version of the one linked above. My table is 5’ x 5’ also, but it’s 4inches thick through the holes – making it weigh in at 3000 pounds. I purchased mine (without the...
Here’s my TIG welding table being built. I made it with 3/4" plate steel, 5” C-channel supports, with 5”x5”x3/8” angle for legs. The feet are 1/2” plate. The table weighs about 700 pounds, and is very sturdy.
And below is my heavy-duty welding table. This cast nodular iron table weighs a tad...
The garage is just a hobby room. It's still coming together.
Here’s my TIG welding table being built. It’s made with 3/4" plate steel, 5” channel suports, with 5”x5”x3/8” angle for legs. The feet are 1” plate.
Here’s my medium and small lathe.
I designed my gantry crane to straddle the...
Fear not, for I know how to post pictures.
Here’s a few of my garage.
My weld platen - 3000 pounds of cast-iron love!
I purchased an old horizontal mill that was beyond the capacity of my forklift, so I designed and built this gantry crane. It is point-loaded with about 8000 pounds in...
I am a proud new father of a little boy named Corbin – thus I need to start building go karts now. . . I’m thinking two larger karts - one for me, and one for the wife - and also a very small kart for the little guy (for when he’s ready).
I’ve got most of the tools required for this hobby. I've...