A bit more research... The chain is a #35 chain (it's stamped on the side of it). The sprocket that is currently on there is for a T8F chain. The drive axle sprocket is 72 tooth for a #35 chain. So the sprocket is not ideal but it's not too far off. I think the problem is more about how...
Yes I've been wondering about how close the two sprockets are. The chain is only touching about 4 teeth at a time. I thought about raising up the motor (or pushing it forward) and adding length to the chain. It seems in pictures of other karts that the sprockets are close together too so I...
Not an illusion - the chain is wider than the sprockets. I bought the kit partially used so it may be the wrong chain (or the wrong sprockets?). There is some side to side motion. I just measured the distance between the inner plates which was 0.193 inches or somewhere between 3/16 and 1/4...
The electric motor sprocket configuration in the pictures below worked beautifully for about a month and then all of a sudden the chain will jump over the sprocket gear. The skipping caused the original sprocket to be worn down which I've replaced with a new one. I put washers under the...