Recent content by dab1968

  1. D

    Best place to get throttle cable?

    Anyone know where I can get a throttle cable about 6-7 feet long? I have been all around town and the best thing I can find is about 4-5 feet. I have to reroute the throttle to accomodate a new engine that is set up different than the old one. Would a motorcycle place have this kind of thing...
  2. D

    Engine Throttle Hook Ups to Clones / HF

    It is located on the rear of the motor(shaft towards the left side). As far as the tubes, they go up inside the engine somewhere. I haven't investigated that far yet. The stamping is just jibberish, doesn't correspond to any known nomenclature.
  3. D

    Engine Throttle Hook Ups to Clones / HF

    New part on HF Clone Below are two photos. The first one is the new part, which is not listed or referenced at all in the manual. The second one is the mounting location for said part. HF1 by dab1968, on Flickr HF2 by dab1968, on Flickr
  4. D

    Can the Recoil be repositioned?

    Hello. I have one of the HF 6.5 Clones that I just installed on my kart, but the recoil is positioned to pull the oposite direction(toward the seat). Is it possible, safe, easy, to change the position of the recoil pull to pull toward the back of the kart? The engine that I replaced on this kart...
  5. D

    Engine Throttle Hook Ups to Clones / HF

    Latest Version of this Engine Has anyone purchased the latest version of this HF engine? It has an extra gizmo on the back of the engine mounted in a very troublesome location. It is totally in the way of my primary gear mount. It is not shown or listed in the manual. It has two or three tubes...
  6. D

    Engine Throttle Hook Ups to Clones / HF

    Remote Shut Off By any chance, have you figured out how to do a remote shut off of the engine to compensate for the inconvenient location of the engine shut off switch. If you did, or if you know how, I would appreciate a little info. Thanks.
Top