Recent content by Cutters

  1. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    It's been a while, been busy fabricating and testing. Tried clutch and brake together but spring tension required to keep belt tight enough mention brakes were a little too had for the kids. So what I got now is a separate clutch lever that is spring loaded on and off position works over center...
  2. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    That sounds like a good option also...b-man. Has anyone done a silimar belt/clutch set up? Are there any pics around or web sites to see?
  3. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    Thanks for that, I'll have a play and let you know how I went.
  4. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    If I did try a belt system what ratio/ diameter pulleys would you recommend ? Would I still need a jack shaft?
  5. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    Never had anything to do with tread mills... Do they have a magnetic clutch?
  6. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    Thanks for the quick reply Chris. The only thing with the belt set up is my boys are 6 & 8 and a third pedal could be a little too much for my young bloke. And if incorporated into the brake pedal I'm worried they might try to get out while the kart is stopped but not off therefore it may try to...
  7. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    This would be an option but could get expensive only because the crank shaft would also have to be replaced as it is too short to leave me much of an out put shaft...apart from the hassle of the gearing up again do you think that a 6.3:1 final ratio to 16" rear wheels will be ok? Or will it...
  8. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    Unfortunately not.. I looked into this and the reduction box side cover is the same cover used to hold the main crank shaft bearing.....
  9. C

    Gearing new kart ??

    Hi all, I'm new to karting and need a little help with my new project. I've recently built a new kart for my kids and i'm up to the gearing part. I'm using a Honda GX270 (9hp)it has a 6:1 reduction box built in with no clutch and has a 1" output shaft. My axle set up is a 30mm diameter and set...
Top