Recent content by chriswh86

  1. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Alrighty. I will see if I can find a 5/16 to give a shot.
  2. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Ahh ok. Ive got to re-look at what I have as I thought it was metric to begin with judging by the Baja parts list/manual etc but my tap wasnt working all to great
  3. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Anyone aware of what the thread is on the shaft of 6.5hp clone engines? Is it metric or standard?
  4. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Alright guys, another update today. The bike is running... The main issue that was causing the problem is low fuel in the tank & the position of the tank at the time. The petcock doesnt pickup fuel until there is about .5-1" level in the tank, and so i was barely above that and the position of...
  5. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Hey all, thanks for the tips so far. Today's updates, I took the float bowl off, cycled the float with the fuel shut off in the ON position. I determined that the bike was leaned over to far for it to fill the bowl properly. Didn't think it was leaned over that far but either way, the bowl was...
  6. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Alrighty. So today I stuck a new plug in it. Spark looks good. The old plug spark seemed to jump around a bit. Double checked gaskets on the carb. All looks good. Adjusted idle screw to ~2 turns out. I also tried it around the same setting as it came with. No luck on anything today. Not even a...
  7. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    That is actually a good idea. I am going to recheck the gaskets. I am also going to pickup a new plug. After doing some digging i pulled mine again and the spark I very jumpy and erratic. Ill give those two things a shot Anyone know where the idle mixture should be set or how to set it? Mine...
  8. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Havent been able to test compression with a gauge. Feels good pulling it over though. Plug has been tightened down properly but I dont have another to test with at this time.
  9. C

    Baja 165 wont run with new carb

    Hi all, I have a Baja 165 mini bike. It has a clone 6.5hp engine in it. The previous carb was fubar and so I picked up a honda 6.5hp carb. I put the carb on, installed new fuel line and a new tank. Ive pulled it over 50-75 times with no real luck. I can get it to run for a second or two on...
  10. C

    New Bike - Help Identifying - Baja Warrior?

    Well, She is getting closer. Apon getting my new carb I realized the old one doesnt have a proper functioning choke. The old one moved freely, the new one has resistance as you open and close it. Either way. The new carb is on. I think I am finally figuring out how to attach all the springs...
  11. C

    British Columbia Canada w/ Baja Mini

    Cheers! Thanks!
  12. C

    New Bike - Help Identifying - Baja Warrior?

    10/4! thats great. I am going to snap a couple photos of the carb after cleaning incase anyone here can see any issues, I will then rebuild and see if I can steal a gas tank before the main one shows up. I also have some paracord coming to re-do the pull cord and have some for an emergency...
  13. C

    British Columbia Canada w/ Baja Mini

    Hi all, Recently picked up a Baja mini. I am from British Columbia Canada and I am working on getting the bike up and running. I've posted a thread asking for assistance identifying the bike I bought and that worked out great. I am now getting amazing assistance with getting the bike up and...
  14. C

    New Bike - Help Identifying - Baja Warrior?

    I popped the carb off today and drained the bowl. Skunky as all heck lol. The engine oil is clean. That might be an idea though. I am really not a carb person and so when I am told, it needs a new carb. I am not sure what the heck could be wrong with it. I guess my best bet is to disassemble...
  15. C

    New Bike - Help Identifying - Baja Warrior?

    Thanks guys! I hope to get it up and running soon. Will be a great pit bike/backroad bike and so on
Top