Recent content by choprpilot76

  1. C

    Major Overhaul

    Some initital engine and axle drive set-up/install pics.
  2. C

    Major Overhaul

    Thanks, I understand exactly what you're talking about, I understand gyros. I just didn't think it should be noticeable at a hand rotated speed. I'll try a few more things. ---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ---------- Hey Kelly, it is 40" axle with...
  3. C

    Major Overhaul

    So I think I have a problem already. I got the entire rear end assembled and everything is brand new components except the brake drum. The engine tranfers power and drives the rear axle beautifully, HOWEVER when u look at the ends of the axle it has a very very slight wobble to it. Obviously...
  4. C

    Major Overhaul

    Yes I have talked to them on the issue and they say I'm the first to complain about it, but I have tried two seperate 669 belts and they are both the same. Hpthey told me it shouldn't be an issue because once the weight of the kart and big 22" wheel are on the ground it shouldn't provide enough...
  5. C

    Major Overhaul

    I've been making a lot of progress on this restoration. I completely disassembled the entire cart, the frame and its subcomponents were the only things salvageable, frame, roll cage, spindles, etc. I was able to save the brake drum and polish it to a very nice shine. I had to cut the motor...
  6. C

    Major Overhaul

    Well maybe legendary is a bit over stated, but the guy I spoke to at gopowersports said it was quite the kart when it came out. I wouldn't know, I am brand new to the karting world, this is for my 4 kids. My two older daughters are helping me with this project. I have been checking the...
  7. C

    Major Overhaul

    Major Manco 388 Overhaul So I was given an epic go-kart from an old high school friend. From what I was told this is an old Manco 388 that was a legend in it's time for adult size go-karts. The kart was sitting outside for probably 15 years and was EXTREMELY rusted. The frame was about the...
Top