Recent content by Brutus

  1. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    I pulled the valve cover, that little flapper at the breather port seems to be restricted... It does not move with ease. I will purchase a new valve cover this week.
  2. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    I have had the valve cover off, nothing seems out of the ordinary, no flappers or the like and no debris near the valves. A friend of mine, who happens to be a motor-head suggests that I might have stuck or damaged piston rings.
  3. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    We tried the fuel filter both ways, the result is the same.
  4. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    I set it it to public, It should work now.
  5. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    This pic was taken before the video... The oil in the filter is from 10 days ago. The oil level did not rise when the engine was at idle, it did rise when it was throttled. Thanks again.
  6. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    Video... The smoke was coming out of the breather tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Mwm1cpwao&feature=youtu.be
  7. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    I will get some video and pics posted this weekend... Here is more detail in regards to my last post.. My son tells me he was cruising around on the Silver Fox and the breather tube and filter fell off. He says after it fell off grey smoke was blowing out of the breather vent on the valve...
  8. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    So... We installed an inline fuel filter at the valve cover port, filled the engine with oil to the specified amount, and ran it for approx. 5 minutes before the filter filled with oil... it then blew oil out of the filter. Any suggestions? Perhaps a new engine is needed? Harbor Freight has a...
  9. B

    Hello...

    I live in NW Montana... My 14 year old son and I are modifying a Manco Silver Fox 196cc, 6.5 GX200 Clone. Paid $400.00 for it 2 years ago.. Upgrades made, new fuel tank, new carb, KN air filter and a header. Speed in MHPs is 30+... Next project, remove the guv, and replace a tweeked axle...
  10. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    Thank you for the info, and the welcome firemanjim... ... Thank you landuse.
  11. B

    Manco Silver Fox GX200 clone

    Hello all... I am new to the Go Kart scene... But not wrenching, my Kart is a Scout 800b I purchased the Silver-Fox for my son a few years ago. He is now 14 and wants to mod the engine. We live in NW Montana and our roads tend to be dirt, so you can imagine the dust. Anyway, we installed a...
Top