Recent content by bookel

  1. B

    what to do with my new kart?

    I think I will keep the GY6 for a while at least. Now that it is running better due to a good carb cleaning. I added the high performance CDI and coil an that has helped a bit. The new torque converter belt slips much less than the old one. For now I'm concentrating on making the ride better...
  2. B

    GY6 150cc hard start

    Yes mine is running as it should now. Starts after one or two tries.
  3. B

    GY6 150cc hard start

    Well, I tried an old trick my grandad showed me once. Last night ebfore going to bed I got it running, with starter spray, and disconnected the fuel line while clamping off the end at the gas tank. I then started pourinf sea foam carb and injector leaner into the fuel line going to the carb...
  4. B

    so i got my kart running but i think i put too much oil

    Landuse is right. If the amount of smoke is tolerable and it is running well just run it like it is. Then the next tank mix it according to instructions and keep your cousin's hands off the gas tank.
  5. B

    GY6 150cc hard start

    Supposedly it has electric choke. Whether it is working or not is still in question. I hadn't thought of that. I hope to get that checked today. If its not working I'll probably hook up a manual control to the choke plate. I prefer to have control rather than have it done automatically. Good...
  6. B

    GY6 150cc hard start

    Plenty of juice in battery. Cranks fast. When cold the engine will not fire unless I use starter spray through the carb. Then I have to keep using the accelerator to keep it running until its warmed up. Once warm it starts without using the accelerator or starting spray no problem...
  7. B

    so i got my kart running but i think i put too much oil

    Is this a 2 stroke? If so and you are saying you mixed the oil and gas with too much oil thus creating smoke. If this is the case then do not add gas to compensate. rain your tank. Now check your manual for the engine and see what ratio they recommend. For premix I like to get gas in exact...
  8. B

    what to do with my new kart?

    Please feel feel to correct me if I post incorrect information. Like I said I am new to karts and I am eager to learn. What is a gy6 setup and how do I tell. Belts for gy6? We think this is the correct belt for me? http://www.bmikarts.com/Drive-Belt-for-GY6-150cc-Engine-743-20-30_p_196.html
  9. B

    what to do with my new kart?

    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the 420cc. Looks like there are more readily available parts out there that are compatible. I took it out for my first run today. This was a test run to get a feel for the kart. Most noted in the first run is the suspension is harsh. I was really surprised how slow this...
  10. B

    what to do with my new kart?

    Let me also preface this with how I plan on using the kart. I own 63 acres with about 10 acres fields and the rest hilly and forest. I want to use the kart to make some trails through the woods as well as blast a bit around the fields. I also want to use it for some work about the place. I plan...
  11. B

    Spray Paint Cracking?

    That looks great. What brand poly for floors is it? Also what is the mix ratio for the pearl? My Chevy Luv I painted with the Rustoleum in black. Wanted to try the $50 paint job. I thinned with acetone and sprayed with hvlp. It looks good but I have to say it was a ton of work. I also didn't...
  12. B

    what to do with my new kart?

    Today I bought my first kart. Its a Yerf Dog 3206 and is pretty much bone stock. I wanted the Spider Box frame and fortunately I didn't have to wait long to find it. I am new to karts but not new to mechanics and modding. I've built a full sized VW dune buggy (Manx style). I have a Checy Luv...
  13. B

    Spray Paint Cracking?

    Sounds like you waited to long to add the clear. Already stated. When I paint I let the primer dry good. Then I put down the base. Once I have sufficient coverage with the base, so long as there are no runs or fish eye, I immediately (wait about 10 minutes) lay on the clear while the base is...
Top