Recent content by ampedtech

  1. A

    Are your nuts safe?

    I have a T-shirt that sez: "Use loctite or loose your nuts" Got it at Sturgis. Lock wire is even better!
  2. A

    Question on Brakes

    I can not imagine that a rebuild kit for your brake would cost much. Why take a chance? Did you not post "it's very fast"? Clean all the innards with brake cleaner. Replace all the rubber. Go fast, live long.
  3. A

    Howdy kids, got a key / keyway question

    I am considering altering the width of my key meterial with this method Please consider that uniform contact between the key and the keyway may be critical. So. rubber cement emery cloth to a piece of glass (cause it's REALLY flat) and drag the key material across it. I have seen heads for...
  4. A

    frame material, how thin is too thin?

    16ga = 0.0598 black pipe schedule 40 3/4" wall is 0.113" Of course you could use the sq 1" x 16ga if in your design you reinforced the tube, but if you like your butt (hope that's not too racy) use 3/4" black pipe. You may even consider using 1" black pipe. The wall on 1" is 0.113. Black...
  5. A

    Howdy kids, got a key / keyway question

    I have a go cart live axle with a keyway width of 0.245 This is very close to 1/4" (0.250-0.245 = 0.005) The axle is 1" dia with standard thread of 3/4" 16 tpi Is this made to have an interference fit? or Do I need a thinner key? good day to all
Top