Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM

Exclamation WOW ... I thought it was true ...BUT

... but Im rethinking it.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
parking lot pimp

please dont believe any of this nonsense of a youtube video.

knowing some of the people that died, that video is pure garbage.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM
TheBeal.

That about sums it up.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM

oh ok. Should I take it down ?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM
TheBeal.

The wasnt directed at you Tman.

Make me mad, people will jump to conclusions before all the facts are known.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM

B.M. no worries, Ya. I was watching this and as time went by It realy makes me wonder , the info and screen shot of the facebook pages and just everything about it. dont just watch a few mins of it, watch the whole thing.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM

i saw that to i really think it was fake
Old 02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
TheBeal.

Kinda scary... dont know what to think.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
2 stroke Addict!

I don't doubt it one bit. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all but I do know the media is as crooked as it gets.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
parking lot pimp

the media was trying to get all the info possible and was trying to fill the gaps.. people were shooken up and cameras were just being shoved in peoples faces to get a story.

i agree info is completly jumble and mislead..

but

the person i know that has children in the school, told me some stuff that was from a parent of one of the children that was shoot. multiple times.. and i got info that it was not a handgun that was used inside the school no matter what they say...

and the teacher that was shot, vickie soto went to my highschool and i have multiple mutual friends... i do wish this was a haux because ive seen so many people hurt with the trajedy. its one where id rather not ever live thru again..

the camera men were at a vigil just shoving the camera in peoples faces to catch footage of them crying.

and the wbc trying to picket the funerals/ town was shut down by many bikers and other anti-picketer's that lined the side of the roads with leathers and colors from many area's of bikers and groups, from the comunity's
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 PM
TheBeal.

Its the stuff at the end of the video, the facebook status thing before it happened, and the fundraiser being posted before it happened... its all scary that there could even be question.

Like FatCat, im certainly no conspiracy theorist or whatever, but the last part is scary.

Stuff like this makes you wonder who to trust, cant trust the media, cant trust the government... sad to say, but it seems like this once great nation is having some serious problems.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Official DIYGK Chem Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.M.800 View Post
sad to say, but it seems like this once great nation is having some serious problems.
As much as I hate to say it, its had serious problems from day one.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
parking lot pimp

I can understand where the Facebook posts could easily persuade ones opinion...

But being a new member here and just signing up, I can easily explain how a post depending on the sites coding could replicate something similar..

When signing up for this forum I had to put in my time zone.. What if I put the wrong time zone. Of say -4 instead of -5 like it is.. That would say I'm posting a hour different then I'm a fault posting.

I know this is possible cause I took a trip from ct to Las Vegas. Get all of my posts corresponded with CT's time instead of Vegas time. Which would of been 3 hours off. If I set the time zone correctly
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM
parking lot pimp

I'm in no way or manner trying to stick up for anyone just making a statement of possibilities the way that video does.

At that I live 20 minutes from sandy hook.. The place is still uneasy and crazy quiet compared to the feel it used to have.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Official DIYGK Chem Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by voided View Post
I can understand where the Facebook posts could easily persuade ones opinion...

But being a new member here and just signing up, I can easily explain how a post depending on the sites coding could replicate something similar..

When signing up for this forum I had to put in my time zone.. What if I put the wrong time zone. Of say -4 instead of -5 like it is.. That would say I'm posting a hour different then I'm a fault posting.

I know this is possible cause I took a trip from ct to Las Vegas. Get all of my posts corresponded with CT's time instead of Vegas time. Which would of been 3 hours off. If I set the time zone correctly
I'm 99% sure that Facebook automatically detects the user's timezone. Javascript has a really handy method of detecting a user's timezone called with getTimezoneOffset(). Facebook uses Javascript for just about everything, so it's not at all unlikely that they use that method.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM
TheBeal.

Something else to think about, it wasnt all just a few hours difference, there was days different for some of them.
Unless im mistaken?

As for some of the footage, could some of it had been taken afterwards or something? that would explain some of the not having ambulances everywhere... but then there werent(atleast I didnt notice) alot of polices cars near the building?

Like I said, the whole "this could be a fake" just even the idea of something like that is sickening.

Scary stuff whether its true or not.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 PM

i definitely believe that the shooting happened but there is some things that are a little weird. the media may have left things out but i have no way of knowing. media says there was one shooter but that video says there were multiple shooters that fled into the woods. and the police blocked off the only ambulance to the scene. they showed families laughing that should be grieving, and said that all the people involved were part of an acting club?
so who is there to believe? the media, or that video? maybe parts of each?

i believe that no gun control law or security (unless extreme) would have stopped this. the person had a mental illness. he just shot through the glass door and they were helpless. maybe if the people in the office had a gun it would have helped? but i think putting a gun in every classroom is a bad idea because out of the millions of classrooms and people keeping them some might get taken. and they shouldnt live in fear.

yesterday here in ct a grandmother picked her 2 baby grandchildren up from daycare. took them to a remote area and shot them then herself. the issue here is mental illness how can we find and treat these people?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
parking lot pimp

I agree blue thunder..

As a ct pistol permit holder I think it should be alittle harder to achieve a carry permit.. I also feel long guns should need the same transfer as a pistol so we know where there going...

But unfortunately guns are not hard to get and you never know who is mentally stable to posses such a weapon... Look at soldiers with PTSD. Not trying to start a debate on it but most leave perfectly fine and trained...they come back and are mentally un-healthy depending on the situation they are in.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
TheBeal.

Quote:
Not trying to start a debate
I think a bit of friendly discussion is Ok.

I wouldnt mind a more extensive background check, but I do not want on a list that says I own a firearm for anyone to see. IMHO that is nobodys business. I feel that is a violation of my privacy.

Perhaps, if a person has done some sort of crime, that could be listed somehow?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Official DIYGK Chem Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by voided View Post
I agree blue thunder..

As a ct pistol permit holder I think it should be alittle harder to achieve a carry permit.. I also feel long guns should need the same transfer as a pistol so we know where there going...

But unfortunately guns are not hard to get and you never know who is mentally stable to posses such a weapon... Look at soldiers with PTSD. Not trying to start a debate on it but most leave perfectly fine and trained...they come back and are mentally un-healthy depending on the situation they are in.
What would a little harder be? Most states require a class and skills test, background check, and waiting period.

The military and PTSD is a perfect example of the terrible mental health care in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.M.800 View Post
I think a bit of friendly discussion is Ok.

I wouldnt mind a more extensive background check, but I do not want on a list that says I own a firearm for anyone to see. IMHO that is nobodys business. I feel that is a violation of my privacy.

Perhaps, if a person has done some sort of crime, that could be listed somehow?
Just as long as it doesn't become over politicized...like pervious threads.

Virginia's state background check wouldn't be a bad idea to turn into a national system. IIRC, it pulls from 5 separate databases and is fairly comprehensive. Very true about registration and privacy.

It is. The NICS check generally gets delayed if the individual has any sort of criminal record.