My friend gave me this today.

Scottaf1006

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these are the Amy good? It's A 800 CC. It runs off starting fluid, but not on its own.
I can't find a picture of how the Fuel Lines Are hooked up..
Thanks

Rat

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these are the Amy good? It's A 800 CC. It runs off starting fluid, but not on its own.
I can't find a picture of how the Fuel Lines Are hooked up..
Thanks
Most likely needs the carb cleaned and rebuilt, or possibly has a bad fuel pump

Rat

Reaction score
Easiest way to determine if it's a bad fuel pump or dirty carb without even verifying there is a pump is to find the fuel line attached to the carb and yank it. Then hook up some sort of small fuel cell you can position above the engine and let gravity do the work.
If it still won't run the carb is nasty.

As an example the Kawasaki Mule I'm working on uses an electric fuel pump which seemed fine in a bench test but did not actually pump any fuel when connected. I had already rebuilt the carb because It had orange Permatex hanging out of the seams, so I knew the carb wasn't likely the issue.
Once I hung a tank up way above and let gravity prime the filter I tried cranking it. Haven't needed to use the choke since that first post rebuild dry start. That Vtwin engine runs good and doesn't look to leak anywhere.