Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:44 PM
Mistress of Destruction

Default An Ode to Roadkill...

I figured a few... if not all of us... have some sort of story or thing goin on that just might make them Roadkill boys proud of our luck (or lack thereof) so let us join hands and share our tales of woe. This could be anything car, kart, bike, truck, or even boat related. Share your wildest adventures below and let us bask in the gloriousness that is BLEEP luck!

Aaaaand GO!

I picked this '82 Delta 88 up 2 days ago for $500. It made it 1mi, had to add 2qts of trans fluid. Made it another mile, needed gas after just putting $10 in. Made it about 12mi, then water pump locked up and broke the alterator belt. Made it about another 10mi where the front right caliper locked up AND trans ran out of fluid. Not to mention the hood flung open on the interstate because the battery shifted, pulled the hood cable and WHAM! Instant blindfold. (Plus brand new battery melted to the fender) So I took the hood off, put it in the truck, then motored about 5mi before the trans spilled out its guts. So 2 days later it sits in the driveway screaming for help... at least the radio works now.
Attached Thumbnails
20181223_182209.jpg   20181223_182150.jpg  

20181221_130951.jpg   20181223_133906.jpg  

Old 12-23-2018, 06:30 PM

An unfortunate result, especially with over 500 bucks into it so far.

But... Surprised? I'm not. The Delta 88 has to be one of the worst cars ever. It's up there with the K car and the Trebant.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:41 PM
Mistress of Destruction

But it was old a cheap.. and so are the parts. I can fix this for a fraction of what I bought it's predacessor for. Older the better in my world (When it comes to vehicles) A tad too new for shoestring a bubblegum but still within the ziptie and paperclip repair territory.