Can't get the 48v2000w motor to run

Jmijames

Reaction score
Got a 48v2000w scooter motor decided to use an electric foot pedal throttle but it's supposed to have a handle throttle and a key lock 2 wires for the key lock and 3 wires for the throttle. The replacement foot pedal throttle has three wires but the red wires don't line up.I was going to go and order the original hand throttle to see if it works. Set it up on my go kart /dune buggy.
Any suggestions like to see it move.I jumped the key lock that didn't matter .

Rat

Reaction score
Got a 48v2000w scooter motor decided to use an electric foot pedal throttle but it's supposed to have a handle throttle and a key lock 2 wires for the key lock and 3 wires for the throttle. The replacement foot pedal throttle has three wires but the red wires don't line up.I was going to go and order the original hand throttle to see if it works. Set it up on my go kart /dune buggy.
Well ASSUMING that they are color coded the same, personally I'd use a small awl or one of those tiny "Precision Screwdrivers" to release the contacts from the plug shell, bend the barb back out, and slide them back into the connector matched up.
The one problem with Chinese wiring is ground could be white, Green, or black, but any one of those could also be hot.

So that said, if the red (always hot for sure) was being crossed to black, white, or green, you very well may have already fried something... very likely the controller module itself.

The 2 wire keys are a just a continuity switch, meaning off breaks the connection between the batteries and whatever, usually the controller module because without power going into that everything is dead just as it will be if the power doesn't reach the rest of the circuit in the correct polarity.

Magic smoke is just the ghost of dead electronics fleeing into the ether

Last edited:

nobled2

Reaction score
what type of speed controller are you using?? Different speed controller require different inputs. Find out what your speed controller requires and get the appropriate accelerator.

Speed controller may be programable depending on what you have