• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Yamaha DT100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newrider3

Reaction score
I'm going to get a early 70's Yamaha DT100 for basically free soon. Does anyone have any experience with them? It looks like a pretty good bike, just needing a bit of work. Are parts expensive for these things?

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
i have a dt 175 and its pretty reliable, just dont let it sit for to long cause ittl take a bit to get going. there realy good...

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
My first true motorcycle was a 74 DT 100. Great bike, and since I used it as a street bike, it saw many miles @ 55mph. Topped out (me in the fully tucked in position) I hit 65 mph with it once. Make sure the injection pump NEVER runs dry or gets air in it. I took a few years off of the life of the motor when I ASSumed that just refilling the oil tank was okay after accidentally running it dry. The pump HAS to be primed, or no oil to the cylinder. Or, just run it premix and all is good. Even after moronic abuse like that, the motor still ran reliably- it just lost some UMPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.