Wheel Bore Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

killthewhelp

Reaction score
I tried contacting Harbor Freight, but received no response. Maybe someone here has bought these wheels or can tell me what this means.

These wheels say they have a bore size of 5/8", but it also says the bearing diameter is 16mm. These two measurements are very close to equal. Does that mean the wheel has a bore of 5/8", but with a bearing installed, I will have to use a smaller axle?
I am considering these wheels for the front of my cart, but don't want to use axles any smaller than 5/8".

Thanks!

dpaxson

Reaction score
well i'm not sure about those wheels but i bought some smaller wheels from harbor freight and they had 5/8" bearings. Also 16 mm is only .004" bigger than 5/8 so just use the 5/8 axle and you'll just have a tiny bit of slop

brendonv

Reaction score
It will be 5/8". The two sizes used in pretty much all wheels is 5/8" and 3/4". Those bearings in those wheels will probably need replacing with better ones when u get em as they might have very low quality ones in them as there only $10. They will be rated to like 20mph before they die.

killthewhelp

Reaction score
It will be 5/8". The two sizes used in pretty much all wheels is 5/8" and 3/4". Those bearings in those wheels will probably need replacing with better ones when u get em as they might have very low quality ones in them as there only $10. They will be rated to like 20mph before they die.

Great, thanks. I do plan on replacing the bearings when I get the wheels.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.