What's a custom tractor in your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneKid

Reaction score
Alright so I've moved out to Arizona, sadly I live in a home owners association, and well it will be my 14 birthday pretty soon and I already know what I'm getting, it's going to be a older lawn tractor, now let me remind you, I love custom, so I'm planning on leaving it in my garage and start it and drive it maybe once a week, alright , enough with that, now to get to the real question, if you had to have a custom tractor what would it look like? I'm thinking for mine depending on what I get I hope it's not curved corners on the hood, I am going to sand it, and then paint it then clear coat on it, 1 what color paint? And what kind of design? , please give me some tips and some ideas since I'm not very creative -Zach

ThatOneKid

Reaction score
I love this statement!!

Not done any "custom" tractors(I've restored some farm tractors to factory) but I'd say paint and pipes is a good start.

Google image "pulling tractors" for ideas.

Yeah the Home owners association is no good, they won't allow the simplest things (leaving bikes by side door) and we know people that are handicap and we built him a wheel chair ramp and we had to have the hoa come out and approve it, but anyways back on topic, pipes are something for sure, ever since I seen my great grandpas tractor when I was 4 Ian's I saw the pipe with the rain cap on it. I love the sound of the rain cap going up n down. But I'm a county boy and I was wondering is their any way to hook up propane tank (the small ones for a trailer grill, they are green) and a pipe coming out the back to shoot flames? I mean I know how to do it but it ain't very safe, so is there a "safe" way to do it

ThatOneKid

Reaction score
Yeah ya know, where they don't go everywhere and stuff I know the sell kits to do it do it's not that dangerous, but like so I can control them and stuff and turn them on and off as I want, so I don't have to go up to the pipe with a lighter n kill myself

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Heres mine. does about 25mph and will flip over backwards in 3rd if u drop the clutch. has a side pipe now, the stacks are bent in pics from a rollover.

Attachments

• P4110639.jpg
    P4110639.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 22
  • P4110640.jpg
    P4110640.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 26
  • P4110641.jpg
    P4110641.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Yeah- that's pretty much the standard method. I like the guys notes about "maybe" removing the catalytic convertor. Jeez- do you think? What could possibly go wrong dumping a bunch of raw fuel mist into a nice, hot catalytic convertor? Bring your own extinguisher...

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Nice! I noticed that's pretty close to home, too! Woodstock is a couple hours' drive from me, and WOO is the sanctioning body I am using to guide my build!

Status
Not open for further replies.