What do you think of this motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
woah thats a huge amount of amps once i made a scooter with a 500 amp and every time i throttled it the front end would go up in the air..............

Last edited:

Muffs

Reaction score
Yea but power can always be turned into to speed with high gear ratios cant it?

Could you recommend some motors then plz? That are decently powerful.

Thanks for the input btw.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
or, a harbor freight 6.5 :D:D:D:D:D:D

electric i dont really know any electric cart motors... take a pic of that indistrial one u got and weigh it.

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
Sorry didnt have time to explain fully. Thats an old motor, looks like it was used for a belt sander or a machine of the same category. Its run off the mains power supply which is ac so unless it has a rectifier (i beleive) to change it to dc it wont work for you, because batteries are dc. Look into scooter motors or the razor pocket bike motors

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
yeah 200 volts would be hard to get with a battery anyways.... but u can always use a converter for the ac/dc problem.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i have a mx500 watt motor that was used in a dirt bike the only thing is i had to cut off the nut to take off the sprocket for another project so if you want it ill sell it for like 20 bucks... you will need to weld your own sprocket on it if i cant find the original one. its 36v 500 watt like i said before.

new:
http://www.razorama.com/razor-mx500-motor.html

Muffs

Reaction score
Sure if shipping isn't too bad might as well take it. Im sure i could find a use for it.

brendonv

Reaction score
Cant use it. Its 3 phase. plus its 200v. Thats a lot of batteries. You need a DC motor not an AC. Look for around the 36v to 48v DC motors.

BigBadJohn

Reaction score
That's a 3 phase motor. They run on 240 or 480
vac. 3 phase
is much different than typical single phase in a house. You wouldn't
even be able to run it in your home. I
definitely do not reccomend it. Even if you could get
it to run it would suck way too much battery power

Status
Not open for further replies.