u joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Well i need 4 u-joints where can i find them that dont cost 25 ****ing dollars a peice!

porsche930dude

Reaction score
i get mine from the junk yard off the steering on cars. Imports usually have the best ones right at the bottom of the steering column just look for ones that are easy to get at

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Depends on the use, steering u joints wont hold well for buggy purposes, but if you need it for steering then by all means, get it from a car steering shaft!

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
alright thanks ok instead of asking this in a new thread. does a lawnmower transmision have two of the exact same miter(spider) gears inside of it? i need to make a right angle gear box and im to cheap to buy new gears or get a right angle gear box.

and i need them for the axles. on my gokart my plans are to put my 20 hp briggs on there and put double a arms on the back.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Your probably best off buying the right thing first, why do you need 4 u joints? 2 should do just fine unless your doing 4wd (which would be KICK ***). Yup, lawmower transaxles normally have 4 of the same gears in the, normally with a splined 3/4 bore, sometimes a splined 1" bore also.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
naa i need it for the rear axles it goes a little something like this well its double a arms. _/- like that but obviously it isnt final like that lol. im making a diagram right now things arent really to scale

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Yea i gotcha, never mind, i dont know why i was thinking you only needed 2.
maybe a few CV joints from a small front wheel drive car?

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
I dont know of any small front wheel drives within a 50 mile radius of our house lol. i do have two cvs from my bros explorer but they are like ohhhhh 25 pounds each no way its gona be able to move them. i think ima use steering ones from one of my freinds wrecked big riggs i think his volvo that went off a bridge would have at least two then hes got another one around somewhere. idk ill have to look

Status
Not open for further replies.