Traded for a Yamaha YT60 Tri Zinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Hi gentlemen! Traded a rider mower for a Yamaha Tri Zinger last night. It's been sitting for 10+ years. I got it from the original owner. Even got a title. He said his son didn't ride it much. After taking it to the car wash I believe him. Original tires all hold air.
Finally got a 2 stroke kids ride. I will make this very nice. I don't have pics but it's just like this. It's a red one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgU9yCMhhpg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Hahaha, that looks like SUPER fun! Aweeeeeesome track you've got there!!

:drool5::drool5:

Nice trade I must say! :wai:

Thats not me. Mines the twin to that machine. My rc car track is grown over with weeds but it's quite a bit bigger than this one. Might not be a bad idea to clean it up. See if I can get some kiddie cross going on. Zinger trike vs. Chinese quad LOL

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
I've been on the hunt. I've tracked down some parts. Found a NOS rear fender and chin protector. Hopefully I'll have time today to wrench on it. I'd like to hear it start.

Well, got it running today. Seems to run pretty good. I need the air box and filter on it to tune it. Seems lean now but it's running with a wide open carb. I took a couple videos. I'll add links when I get them to YouTube. Ordered a seat cover, air filter, and a couple misc. Screws from Yamaha. Sounds awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1pNRC6KRsc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkn_ydZiS54&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElwefol29s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Little thing runs sweet. Starts on the first pull. Just waiting on a few parts. Hopefully I'll have a kid riding it this weekend.

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Well I bought zinger 2 tonight. A blue one. Needs quite a bit of work including a topend. Sounds like I get to see how hard I can make on of these little ****s scream. Might do a pipe and custom reed cage on this one. The intake and reeds are horribly restrictive on these. Should wake it up quite a bit. I've got 1 year to do it. Giving the red one to my oldest nephew for christmas. Blue is gonna be next years Christmas present for my middle nephew. I'll let him learn on the $20 quad. All I need is a yellow one for my youngest nephew and when I have a kid of my own I'll build him/her the illusive white zinger. These were only sold in Europe but I'll find the white plastics. These little things are sweet.:wai:

newrider3

Reaction score
Looks like he's already got the three wheeler lean down, nice. Trikes are great to learn on; if you can handle one you can handle most any bike or quad.

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
looks pretty quick for a 60. auto clutch? how many gears?

Yep, 60cc 2 stroke, single speed auto clutch. Does about 30 up top. Not bad for all stock minus the exhaust baffle. Rebuilding the blue zinger for the next nephew. It's gonna be "slightly modified":thumbsup:. Gonna get a malossi big bore 70cc(63 really) cylinder. has a triple exhaust port, should be able to do some nice port work, mill .030 off the head, Jemco pipe. Considering finding a Towny 50 scooter bottom end for it. They're exactly the same but it has an auto clutch that works like a 2 sp. should do 50+ with that. If I do I'll put that engine on the red one and start Keaton off with the stock engine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 6

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Looks like he's already got the three wheeler lean down, nice. Trikes are great to learn on; if you can handle one you can handle most any bike or quad.

That was Ajays first day of really riding a 3 wheeler. He wore out a chinese quad before. I was very proud of him. The kid rips. Definately a natural.

Jaymars- those looke like Honda 90's. The original ATC. Crazy seeing them get ridden like that. Very collectible today. I'm a big fan of the three wheelers. If you haven't noticed by my toys I'm not much for blending into the crowd.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.