Throttle spring

Clark125

Reaction score
What size and where do you get a thick spring to hook between the throttle on the carb and the engine to return it back to idle after pressing the gas? The spring currently attached isn’t large enough to bring the throttle all the way back.

Pictures arent loading for some reason

Clark125

Reaction score
Picture of the current spring I need to replace.

Attachments

• A56D64F3-2536-406C-B8CD-C6B6CDE663D1.jpeg
    A56D64F3-2536-406C-B8CD-C6B6CDE663D1.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 15

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Being so close to the center of the pivot point you're losing all your leverage, that little finger on the left looks perfect to use if you can drill a hole in it and are able to run the spring to the other side?

Clark125

Reaction score
Being so close to the center of the pivot point you're losing all your leverage, that little finger on the left looks perfect to use if you can drill a hole in it and are able to run the spring to the other side?

Great point, yeah I’ll have to look and see if theres anything to connect it to on that side. Then measure and order a spring online.

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Check the auto parts store for a throttle return spring for a carbureted car, they would probably work perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200701-100937_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200701-100937_Chrome.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3

Clark125

Reaction score
Check the auto parts store for a throttle return spring for a carbureted car, they would probably work perfectly.

Bought similar set off Amazon and that fixed it, all set on this part. On to the clutch and sprocket.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Picture of the current spring I need to replace.
well actually that's not the spring you should replace
and that's not how you should remote control the throttle butterfly ;)

if you manage to block the connecting rod with that leadblob the throttle will not close

So, zoom out and show us what carb you got, then we might be able to tell you how to remote control it properly.

'sid