The Manco-ve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
I've become innundated with my own junk and I need to fix up the place and put it on the market in the next few years. I needed storage and a place to work that wasn't permanent. So, with the eventual addition of a roof and a roll of astroturf I got from the University of North Texas stadium, these pallet racks should make a fairly decent Mancove until I buy my farm and do it up proper!

From lext to right: Yazoo Dragster, Carter Brothers, Manco Manco, Manco, Clark, Clark, Manco, McCulloch.

Attachments

• Mancove.jpg
    Mancove.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 91

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Yep! Well, all except for the McCulloch, but I think it has taken up permanent residence with me.

They're all props for the film...that's what I tell my wife

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Oh she knows...been hearing about it for years

Got the astro turf down and all the C-purlins up. Waiting on brown R-panel to come in. Gotta camoflage to stay under the city's code radar.

Ps. Should this thread be under "more builds?"

Attachments

• 2012-08-25 19.50.13.jpg
    2012-08-25 19.50.13.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 41
  • 2012-08-25 16.06.11.jpg
    2012-08-25 16.06.11.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 33

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Got the roof on! Also built some long material racks. Still sorting junk so no presentable pics of the collection all parked in place yet.

That astroturf cleans up really well with just a leaf blower!

Attachments

• gkg1.jpg
    gkg1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 14
  • gkg2.jpg
    gkg2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 11

Orange Krate

Reaction score
This is probably the cleanest it will ever be so I wanted to get some pics before I put all of my junk materials on it. I’ve still got gutters to put on to go but I’m calling it cpmplete!

Note: the General is in position! Also, I went a little Ape S at the Northern clearance rack

In case you’re wondering why I didn’t go all the way up with sides and back…my city is a real pain. I had to fly under the radar, and make sure it is relatively unnoticeable. It’s not a shed or a car port so it straddles the permit issue. They could still make me take it down but I’m hoping it gets me organized enough to finish the remodel and move waaaay out of town.

Attachments

• Go-Kart Garage.jpeg
    Go-Kart Garage.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 15
  • gokart box 3.jpeg
    gokart box 3.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 12
  • gokart box 2.jpeg
    gokart box 2.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 13
  • gokart box 1.jpeg
    gokart box 1.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 13
  • The General in position.jpeg
    The General in position.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14

Orange Krate

Reaction score
I built that box 15 years ago for hauling my drums when I had a band. Talk about your pretty road cases huh? Now it belongs to the transportation department of my film LOL Everything you need for shooting go-kart chase scenes on location!

Orange Krate

Reaction score
I just staked it down for something to prent mud. I had two rolls of that at our Doggy Daycare that we never used.
It sat out in the weather for 3 years and held up ok. This is just temporary until I move. The whole rig is made to come apart and come with me where I'll mirror it for a full shed:wai:

Status
Not open for further replies.