The golf cart is coming together

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlepperd

Reaction score
Now I need controllers..and to figure out why both motors make clicking noises. I sure hope I did not get screwed on the motors.
Anyway the rear section is what I am testing..The front is just an old chinize 4 wheeler I am using for the front suspension once I get the frame welded up fot the thing. It cruises around 12 MPH. About what I thought it would.
Those are the old ladder bars off my Chevelle that I used for the swing arm.

Attachments

• thing.golfcar 005.jpg
    thing.golfcar 005.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 22
  • thing.golfcar 003.jpg
    thing.golfcar 003.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 29
  • thing.golfcar 009.jpg
    thing.golfcar 009.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 23
  • thing.golfcar 011.jpg
    thing.golfcar 011.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 44
  • thing.golfcar 013.jpg
    thing.golfcar 013.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 37

mattlepperd

Reaction score
Is it going to be a big golf cart? Or four wheeler lol?

The thing pictured will be cut apart by the end of the weekend You will notice that the swing arm I built for the golf cart is actually attached to the 4 wheeler carcass by means of three muffler clamps. That is a test vehicle only. The golf cart will be larger and have a steering rack,steering wheel and the 4 wheelers front control arms.
I did not "put an engine on it and make it way better than this" because of several reasons. I want to play with electric..I want to take it camping where speed limits are 10 to 15 MPH and they do not allow gas engines due to noise...and I am having fun.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
The thing pictured will be cut apart by the end of the weekend You will notice that the swing arm I built for the golf cart is actually attached to the 4 wheeler carcass by means of three muffler clamps. That is a test vehicle only. The golf cart will be larger and have a steering rack,steering wheel and the 4 wheelers front control arms.
I did not "put an engine on it and make it way better than this" because of several reasons. I want to play with electric..I want to take it camping where speed limits are 10 to 15 MPH and they do not allow gas engines due to noise...and I am having fun.

Sounds like it will be pretty cool to me.

mattlepperd

Reaction score
its a poject..I am seriously hoping to perfect this unit and start building them. I am building something that does not exist...I think there is a market for it.

zero1dhd

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
Now I need controllers..and to figure out why both motors make clicking noises. I sure hope I did not get screwed on the motors.
Anyway the rear section is what I am testing..The front is just an old chinize 4 wheeler I am using for the front suspension once I get the frame welded up fot the thing. It cruises around 12 MPH. About what I thought it would.
Those are the old ladder bars off my Chevelle that I used for the swing arm.

Coming right along....Looks shockingly like my go-quad...just electric. I know you still have a bunch of work to do, making it fold and what not. When it's all said and done are you planning on putting a body on it?? How many wires are coming off the motors?? if there are more than two, then they might be multi phase or possibly stepper motors, that would explain the clicking. Stepper motors would work, but not be ideal. Steppers are usually used for precise movements like in CNC machines and what not. Well it's coming along nice, and I can't wait to see when it's closer to completion. Good luck and happy fabbing!!!!!

mattlepperd

Reaction score
The clicking was the crappy china built sprockets. One of the four was slightly larger even though it was still 11 tooth. I swapped it out and its great now. It really hauls from a dead stop. runs about 12 MPH.

mattlepperd

Reaction score
I am actually still trying to find that out. The manufacturer is not talking. They say I have to get that from Freedom Pride scooters..trade secret stuff. What I do know is that they are **** near perfect for this project. Great acceleration and power
I cannot ask for a better set of motors.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
I am actually still trying to find that out. The manufacturer is not talking. They say I have to get that from Freedom Pride scooters..trade secret stuff. What I do know is that they are **** near perfect for this project. Great acceleration and power
I cannot ask for a better set of motors.

They're about 600 apiece remember :)?

Calculated for you on the last thread...

Two of them means about 1200 watts. Are you wiring them in series or parallel?

And didja figure out on the battery power?

Status
Not open for further replies.