Suggestions for electric go cart motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Cart

Reaction score
We are looking for inexpensive DC motors 2-2.5hp to power an electric go cart. Motor must be easy to mount. We're thinking of Vbelt drive. Must work on the playa at Burning Man.
Thanks Guys
BeauCart

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Golf cart would be good and I've seen that some treadmills have powerful DC motors but at slightly higher voltages.

dpaxson

Reaction score
ya a treadmill motor is gonna be your cheapest bet. plus i think you can use the stock controller for the treadmill. I think it just takes a potentiometer input. only problem is having a system running 120 volts DC which could do some serious damage if you short something out or get shocked

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
ya a treadmill motor is gonna be your cheapest bet. plus i think you can use the stock controller for the treadmill. I think it just takes a potentiometer input. only problem is having a system running 120 volts DC which could do some serious damage if you short something out or get shocked

it wouldnt be 120 volts dc, Treadmills run on 120 Household "AC" Power. Much different, Which also makes a treadmill motor unsuitable for a cart.

theo

Reaction score
How about a electric scooter. I picked up a 3 wheel, with everything for 250.00. Controller, batteries, diff, electric motor, tires and hubs.

theo

Tony

Reaction score

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
It says on the description that you still have to support the side with the spline, though, as there's no bearing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.