Subaru Robin Carb Problems

karl

Reaction score
The carb I'm replacing is not the original.
I understand, just saying if you did not toss the original carb, likely the OG gasket is still stuck to it,
and will show you what needs done, as the china kit comes with new gaskets.

nuter.jpg

l008com

Reaction score
The original is long gone and I most likely would have peeled the gaskets off and then put the carbs in a scrap metal bucket.

I have been googling around at these carbs and they all seem to come with the exact same three gaskets, but i cannot find a single diagram that says definitively which order and orientation to put the gaskets in, which seems kind of strange. I'll try to keep looking I guess. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls of this messed up carb i've been fighting all year was perfectly fine and just had messed up gaskets.

l008com

Reaction score

That is a very deatiled manual that I'm definitely keeping a copy of.

However, despite all the detail, it does not have a diagram of the intake gaskets :(
It does seem a little strange that there's no diagram anywhere. I get that you're supposed to just look at the old gaskets when replacing them to find the position and orientation. But if that ever gets messed up for any reason, you're S.O.L., that can't be the way it is.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Shouldn't be too difficult to sort out the gaskets, looks like one goes before the insulator and one goes before the carburetor. Match the gaskets up with the holes in both the insulator and carb, I don't think they can be installed wrong unless you picked up aftermarket gaskets. Contact Robin Subaru support if an option to ensure you're installing them correctly.