sprocket/clutch HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtenzo02

Reaction score
I just counted 85 teeth on the rear axle sprocket. Im running a 8hp kohler engine with a 1" shaft. Will this sprocket work with a comet 1" cent clutch ? If so how many teeth should I use on the sprocket/clutch ?

mattgr

Reaction score
k,tire size +weight of kart=?
what is it for?
how fast do you want to go?
what size chain?
why is the sky blue?
who shot jfk?
what is the meaning of life?
why do i ask so many questions?
why are you still reading this post?

rtenzo02

Reaction score
O.K then, it will work for specific needs, not everyone here is as experienced as others !

rtenzo02

Reaction score
15" tire dia.
#35 chain
85 tooth axle sprocket
8hp kohler engine 3600rpm
weight of cart ?
7 year old son 45lbs
around the house bashin

Thanks if that helps, appreciate all good advise !

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
With your present set-up unless you get a specialty racing clutch (expensive) you're pretty much going to end up with a 12 tooth clutch. That ratio would give you 22 mph @ 3600 rpm. If you keep the motor governed, that'd keep the kart pretty safe for kids, and you won't risk popping an expensive motor (Kohlers aren't cheap at all). Noram makes clutches with higher tooth counts if you want more top speed. (16t would get you to 30mph at 3600 rpm, 8hp would have plenty of grunt to do so.)
If you had that kind of money though- I'd go with a comet torque converter, which would climb trees with your set up. Is that 85 tooth sprocket welded on?

rtenzo02

Reaction score
No its not welded, it is keyed, would it be better to weld it on ? And thanks for the help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.