Spam messages from a guy named "Frank"

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox985

Reaction score
So, at 1:15 and 1:45AM EST, I got 2 messages from a member claiming his name was Frank but it was that same spammer who keeps linking us to his "We are factory that make 30 series clutches" site. This is going too far now with getting spam private messages. Obviously, if your email is zhongtung (just an example) and your English is that poor, your name isn't Frank.

redsox985

Reaction score
Mods for this kind of stuff, not suggestive (and funny) remarks. I don't think we need it to be overly controlled, just someone who can prevent this stuff. Also, his email was XXXXX@yahoo.cn which I'm guessing is Canada, not China where this "guy" claims to have a factory and his name doesn't seem very Canadian. :p

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
No kidding. Just for the record, ".ca" is Canadian.
Yeah, his original thread introducing the website was all fine and good, but after that... Well, I hate persistent door-knockers too.
...Anybody wanna nominate me? :innocent:

redsox985

Reaction score
I believe Blaz does not want the responsibility. He stated this somewhere else. But I would vote for him if he wanted to run.

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
Mods can't really stop spammers, the more we have the quicker we can delete it though.

This forum seems to get more spam than any other I've been on, it still gets barely any though. Perhaps we need more stringent sign up rules. There are 2 forums I frequent that I have never seen spam on, they both require you to write a bit about why you want to sign up to forum and then if a moderator or admin is happy with that they will activate your account. We would of course need more moderators if that was was to happen, we seem to get tons of newcomers every day.

But, people, if there's spam, flag it and ignore it.

Rob does a very good job with keeping this forum spam free, for the most part it is. There is rarely spam on this forum any more.

Thanks

Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.