so i think im gonna get "bored" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

goob

Reaction score
would it be ok to get a 5hp briggs bored to .020? i think i worded that right. if so how much should i be looking to spend on gettin it done. i have found a kit which has a total rebuild kit for a 5 hp briggs + .020 bore for $50 bucks shipped. what do you guys think

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
not sure of these engines part prices but as far as motorcycle it is cheap. bore jobs vary and are usually 30-50 bucks

goob

Reaction score
hey mike, thanks! i was wondering if it would hurt anything, or maybe i should put it this way. if i get it bored am i gonna have to replace anything else to make it be able to run without breaking? other than the kit which comes with the piston and what not to redo the motor, what will i need?

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Does your engine need to be bored or are you just looking for power? because if your just looking for power, know that if you blow it while bored .020 over you will need to have a whole new sleeve pressed in.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
.20 is usually not a big issue. but on bigger jobs you have to bore the block as well(gy6). the guy who will do your bore should be able to tell you if the block is thick enough or if the new piston will mess with your valve train. yes resleeving is an issue if going max. i have no reference on these, but bike cylinder sleeves are 60 to 100 (avg.) and then you still have to pay for the pressing and bore

Status
Not open for further replies.