Shoutout from the Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybridgarage

Reaction score
What is up everyone. Found this site from a buddy. Anyways call me Lucky. I'm a student here at ASU majoring in Engineering. In a couple months, I plan on fabricating a street /closed circuit shifter cart. Soo with all that said, i will probably be needing some of your expert advice on parts. Allrighty then. See you guys around.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
What's a kart? Oh yeah, that one thing I've been working on that I haven't completed yet cuz I need more money and parts. Well, anyway, welcome to the site!

hybridgarage

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome. I have a spare cbr600 motor laying around in the garage, so i figured i can make a frame to hold that silly thing in there. Once i have some free time i'll mess with it. Untill then school has my money.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sweet sounding project -- and a good starter engine! awesome!

mikeandike

Reaction score
yeah nice engine!! The real shifter karts are like 5 grand or sumthing crazy like that and they go crazy fast. you want a kart with a tranny right? thats wayyy more doable than building a shifter kart :). sry bout the not so warm welcome lol i forgot this was the introduce yourself section.

robin

Reaction score
apart from things to hook up like geer shifter and clutch i would have thaut it is just as easy a macking a normal one

hybridgarage

Reaction score
Don't worry about that Mike. The motor and tranny setup doesn't seem too look too complicated. I got a pretty close idea on how the setup is going to be for the shift linkage to the tranny. Right now the weather here sucks, so i'm going to try and finish my track car. just gotta finish some welds in the engine bay and finish the rest of the electrical and drop the motor in place. Then i should have some room to build the kart. i'll try to keep you guys updated. thanks everybody. :) i'll be looking forward to sharing some inputs from everyone here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.