Should i use a...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
jack shaft on a mini chopper?

depends on how fast you wanna go and what size sprokets and tire you have.

well my engine is a 6 hp 206cc 3900 rpm LCT my clutch has 12 teeth and the axle sproket is a 60 tooth with a 10.5'' di. wheel

on this website it said that it will go 24mph

with a jackshaft would it be easier on the engine to go the same speed if i dont have a one?

please reply
Sayre

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
It seems the only way to gain a higher top speed is to use the jackshaft set up. I checked on ebay, and the smallest rear sprocket you can get is 60T. If you run a jackshaft, you'd run from the engine to the jackshaft sprocket (preferably as close to 12T as you can get.) and then from a 2nd jackshaft sprocket (18T) to the rear wheel. This would up your top speed to 36mph, and that 6hp should still have plenty of pull to get you going. Or, if possible, run a larger diameter rear wheel.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
It seems the only way to gain a higher top speed is to use the jackshaft set up. I checked on ebay, and the smallest rear sprocket you can get is 60T. If you run a jackshaft, you'd run from the engine to the jackshaft sprocket (preferably as close to 12T as you can get.) and then from a 2nd jackshaft sprocket (18T) to the rear wheel. This would up your top speed to 36mph, and that 6hp should still have plenty of pull to get you going. Or, if possible, run a larger diameter rear wheel.

im running on mine 12t on the clutch and 13 tooth on the jackshaft than on the other side it is a 12 t on the jackshaft and a 48 tooth on the sprocket 39.5 mph was what i got on the test today 6 inch wheel total 11 inch high.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
what is a jackshaft i see that word all the time on this site?

A jackshaft is used as an intermediate, usually, between two parts of the mechanism driving the wheel/s. Sometimes to make a different ratio, sometimes to get power from one side of the vehicle to another. It just depends on what you need to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.