RC Electric Ice Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkr9251

Reaction score
Im new to this site! And very happy that I found it.

Im starting a little project, but I dont know much about electronics, or where to find the parts that i need. So any information will be very helpful!

Im building a remote control Ice Chest, and during my design Ive run into a few problems. I figured that the max the ice chest would weigh when it is full would be around 200lbs.
1. how big does the motor need to be so that it would go around
15 mph.
2. I want it to be able to to have around 2 hours of continuous
use if possible, bust atleast 1 hour. how do i figure out how
long a battery will last. also i want the batteries to be able
to charge Quickly! I have future plans.
3. How would i go about making it remote controlled.. (How
cool the final product looks when i am complete with this project is the most important thing, so remote control is a must) .. how would the steering.. where could i buy these products..
4. Im having a problem with getting the front suspension and steering to work together.

Thanks

Josh

P.S. Im pretty good with math so equations would be nice, if thats possible, ..... It would make me feel better about asking questions instead of opening a book and learning on my own like i should have.....

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
You always use the wheels, battery and motor off like a Electric wheelchair\scooter thing, Or get a motor off an electric scooter.
As for The Rc, Im not sure how you go about that. I'm not sure if you can get a speed controller circuit thing large enough for a scooter, Or if it would be better to have a manual switch, mounted to a servo.

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd say forget the whole remote-control thing, and build it up to RIDE! Sounds like a fun project - keep us informed on the build with pictures, por favor.

Scumm

Reaction score
I found a kit w/ an 800w motor, three 20AH batteries, controller, chain and throttle on ebay. Search electric motor kits or ebike kits. I"d start w/ that and get it working then put a radio controlled servo on the throttle later. This controller seems sweet http://www.dimensionengineering.com/Sabertooth2X25.htm but its only rated 25A continuos and spikes at 50A, but would be great for steering and servo applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.