Predator won’t run off choke.

Huper789

Reaction score
I got a predator 212 on my mini bike and someone was riding it and fell off which cause the bike to fall on the right side. It was running fine then died out after smoking a little. Ever since then when i try to ride it i can get it started but when i take the choke off it dies unless i give it gas and when i do give it gas it doesn’t wanna go anywhere and just back fires. Any suggestions on what this can be. It’s a fairly new engine. Could the carb be damaged?

jamyers

Reaction score
sure it could be damaged, got any photos of it? I'm assuming it's stock, with stock air cleaner?

Several things come to mind...fuel cutoff valve not all the way open, float stuck, dirt knocked loose and got into the idle passage, lots of things could cause fuel starvation.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
rebuild the carb and check the breather tube for excess blow by, i have had so many 212s its crazy and ive never blown one up a majority of issues stem from the carbs

Huper789

Reaction score
I’ll take pictures when i get home. All the jets were clean and the fuel shutoff valve is open all the way it’ll go when the chokes on but just back fires and doesn’t move when it’s off. I ordered a new carb and gonna be installing that after work hopefully that’ll fix it.

Huper789

Reaction score
I replaced the carb an i got it to get running but now it will run fine and then sound like it wants to die and then starts running hood again. Eventually it’ll end up dying if i just let it sit at idle. Also when i give it throttle it backfires and doesn’t seem to want to go anywhere. Anyone know what this could be?

Huper789

Reaction score
Nope nothing cut or anything just idles fine but when i give it throttle it barely moves

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Backfiring is fuel that didn't get burned completely on the power stroke. That automatically makes me think of a motor with the timing retarded, due to flywheel slipping back on the shaft, or coil backed away from or in contact with flywheel, etc.