Predator Ignition Coil Difference

jamyers

Reaction score
My ignition died on my 2012 Predator 212cc non-hemi engine, part number 69730.

Ordered a new coil assembly from Amazon that specifically said "Fits 69730 and ..." engines. Waited a week for the Prime 2-day shipping (grr) to arrive, and it doesn't bolt up - the holes are too far apart, and too far away from the flywheel.

Thankfully Amazon refunded my $13 whole dollars and doesn't want me to ship it back. Looked online, and don't see where anybody shows the actual difference between what I assume is a non-hemi coil and one for a hemi. So here are some pics to show the difference in bolt holes, I have no idea if there are functional differences between the two (I assume not, but who knows?)

Here is the rusty old non-hemi coil, facing the new hemi coil - note the difference bolt spacings

And this one shows the different distances from the flywheel/crank center. Hemi coil bolts are farther away, non-hemi ones are closer.

Got another one on the way, it's pictures and description indicate it should be the correct one. We shall see...

Who knows why anybody felt the need to change them... :mad::mad::mad:

Hope this helps the next guy figure out which coil they need to watch for.

Attachments

• Predator Coil Bolt Spacing.jpg
    Predator Coil Bolt Spacing.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Predator Coil Bolt Hole Locations.jpg
    Predator Coil Bolt Hole Locations.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1

pearl111

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did order one, (a while back) just for an extra in case one quite working. I did not bother to see if it was the correct one or not, I just put it away in my extra parts box. I'll have to check it out to see if it's the right one or not. Thanks again.