Predator 212 upgrades and issues on my trike

Rat

Reaction score
cutting the sleeve was last resort for sure. I'll try the heat first. fingers crossed
If you can get them on with the tire collapsed, you know they aren't going to fly off prematurely with proper tire pressure holding them wedged on.

Try using a liquid soap water mix in a spray bottle to make them slippery and slimy to seat them easier... just like seating a tire bead in a rim.

When you inflate it will squeeze out and stick, plus the tire will be a little sticky to the touch with residue

NJtrikes

Reaction score
How much are the tires short on the bigger sleeves? Could you over-inflate the tires to make them fit?
I tried that and not even close. These tires are VERY stiff. I had to take them to the local Mavis Tire Shop to have them mounted. I could not do it be hand.

NJtrikes

Reaction score
Tried heat with no luck. last option I am considering is using both size sleeves. I will cut the small one into sections and use it to fill the gap between tire and larger sleeve. A litle epoxy to hold the pieces in and hope for the best. If that does not work I am going to have to find new tires that I know fit specifc sleeves.

Why is it that simple things are the most annoying in this build??????