Posting pics from smartphones, iphones, ipads, tapatalk etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. I have noticed a lot of late that people have mentioned that they cannot post pics from their smartphones, ipads etc. There are ways to do this, and I thought I would share some links etc so that people can learn how to do it. We all like pics on this forum, so I want everyone to know how to do it.

OK, here are a few quotes on how to post from iphones etc

Have a look at some of these links. They will help you out.

http://www.sgrid.com/forum/showthre...-an-iphone-on-the-SGRID-Forum&p=1993#post1993
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/272519-how-post-pictures-taken-iphone.html

1.Take a photo with your iphone.
2.Start the Photobucket app, and click the button that says Upload New Photos.
3.You will see thumbnails of your new photo(s), click on the ones you want to upload, so you get to see a “plus sign” at the top right of the thumbnail you want to upload, then click “upload”.
4.Look around your iphone screen for a button to view your newest uploaded photos, and click on it.
5.Click on a photo you want to post – you will then see an enlarged view.
6.Click on the “i” logo at the bottom right of the iphone screen.
7.On the information screen, look for the last line of code (it is preceded by IMG) and click on it. When you get the message “Copied IMG Code”, click on “OK”.
8. When you want to upload pics in your post, click on advanced, then manage attachments. Paste the URL you copied into the window and upload.

Another way to load photo's from your phone; at least it's the way I've been doing it from my last 3 flip phones (current one is a last generation Casio G-Zone).

1] Take photo.
2] Go to the photo page/ section on your phone.
3] Select your photo(s).
4] Select options; select Send.
5] Select Picture Message.
6] Enter your E-mail address.
7] Hit send.
8] Wait for it to finish; then, check your E-mail (if practical/ possible).

Just to make sure I wasn't blowin' smoke, I uploaded the photo that I attached here from my phone to my G-mail account (writing down the steps as I went, just to make sure I had `em right), then down to my desktop, then up to the page.

I took the picture at the bus station Friday; 3 guesses (should be 2 more than you need) as to why I just had to shoot it. (And no, I didn't find it on the internet.)

THIS is a good thread on HOW TO as well. From about post #32

And this is a good thread as well on a general HOW TO POST PICS

HERE is one that Robert did as well

If anyone has a problem posting pics, let me know and we can sort it out

DS13

Annoying the Neighbors!!!
Reaction score
Hi there. I have noticed a lot of late that people have mentioned that they cannot post pics from their smartphones, ipads etc. There are ways to do this, and I thought I would share some links etc so that people can learn how to do it. We all like pics on this forum, so I want everyone to know how to do it.

OK, here are a few quotes on how to post from iphones etc

THIS is a good thread on HOW TO as well. From about post #32

And this is a good thread as well on a general HOW TO POST PICS

HERE is one that Robert did as well

If anyone has a problem posting pics, let me know and we can sort it out

I know for some android phones that if ya do the same thing as on the computer ( go to advanced and hit manage attachments) it will take ya to another screen, just like using the computer, use the first set of uploading boxes and you can pick your gallery to upload pictures. Then just hit upload. I know this works for the droid x and samsung stratosphere.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone has any special way of uploading pics, please could you document it here for us.

I have also never used tapatalk, but I know that there are many members now that do use it. Please could you document the way you use to upload pics to your posts so that they are clickable thumbnails.

Thanks

jamyers

Reaction score
...I have also never used tapatalk, but I know that there are many members now that do use it. Please could you document the way you use to upload pics to your posts so that they are clickable thumbnails.

I just played around with tapatalk, and it looks EASY (so far).

When you reply or quote, at the bottom of the screen is a camera icon, a landscape icon, and bird icon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356036381.979018.jpg

To take and upload a new pic, hit the camera. To upload a pic already on your phone, hit the landscape. I get nothing when I hit the bird icon. Take or select the pic to upload, and you'll get options at the bottom to upload it to "this forum" or "Tapatalk Hosted" (whatever that is I dunno).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356036661.793725.jpg
(Screenshot of a screenshot of a...)

Next you'll get a choice of sizes, I'm posting these in the "Best" size, 300xsomething. I suspect YMMV based on pic size, phone, etc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356036836.655461.jpg

Hit the size you want , and it uploads and brings you back to your post!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356036977.674856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamyers

Reaction score
Also, if you hit the "gear icon" to the right,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356037336.828752.jpg

you get advanced options:
"URL Link" and "image link" (also edit your tapatalk sig), and if you've uploaded 2 or more pics in your reply, you get to "Manage Attachments"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356037434.644359.jpg

This is fun!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356037525.376421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356037292.706943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356037292.706943.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7

jamyers

Reaction score
Hmm...I'm not sure how that attached thumbnail got there...

I uploaded the pic, then decided it wasn't in the right spot, so I deleted it's "attach" code...and there it is?

Also, I uploaded all of the above pics straight from my phone using the largest available size, and it apparently turned them all into thumbnails - that's what I'm seeing on my desktop and iphone screens, anyways.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm not sure how that attached thumbnail got there...

I uploaded the pic, then decided it wasn't in the right spot, so I deleted it's "attach" code...and there it is?

Also, I uploaded all of the above pics straight from my phone using the largest available size, and it apparently turned them all into thumbnails - that's what I'm seeing on my desktop and iphone screens, anyways.

Thanks jamyers!! :cheers2: I like how you got that one image displayed as a clickable attachment.

If anyone else has any methods of posting, please let us know :cheers2:

Status
Not open for further replies.