Don't have a welder

been welding some with torch and coat hanger but curious about the strength of this type of weld? Also maybe a suggested filler better than coat hanger lol!!!
Ox/Act using coat hangers for filler rod? Guess what; welding programs around the world use just that. Guess what else? Hanger wire is (usually) some pretty good filler. And if you work for a company that provides uniforms, it becomes an awesome free supply source.
If you have your welding technique down, and are using decent matl. for your frame, you shouldn't have a problem. The only major knock on gas welding (and it is a big one) is that it's the most expensive in the cost of the consumables.
A properly done gas weld and a like arc weld are almost identical in strength; it's just that the arc joint (Mig, Tig, or Stick) costs less than 10% that of a gas joint. The flip side is, if you already own the rig and know how to use it, you should be able to weld up a kart for less than the price of a good mig machine (I'm not talking HF welders here; I know we have a lot of members on the site that own and like them, it's just that the 2 times I've had a chance to put one thru it's paces, I was less than impressed).
Hope this helps. Pat