Old lawnmower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthsniper96

Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever done this, so keep that in mind.

I have 10 ish year old john deere riding mower in my back yard, that has been under a tarp for around 2 years. I would like to get it running again. If I did, I would like to take the engine out and put it on a new frame and use it as a go kart. But not one of those little things for riding around the neighborhood, something with bigger tires and maybe some kind of cheap suspension for riding around in the mud and in the back yard. I don't have a welder or anything like that, so including tools how much do you think a project like that would cost?

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
All of the steel for my suspension buggy was $400 AUD, so a "simple suspension frame" can be done a lot cheaper than that... but I'm getting free shocks so you will have to factor that in.

You will need a welder, angle grinder with cutting, grinding and brushing discs, drill and possibly a cut off saw if you're not steady with the angle grinder.

You could build it for $400 or you could spend $1500+, it all depends on how much you can scrounge and how good you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.