Noob section

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
As the title says we should have a Noob section just for the new guys. A few members were talking about it and i remember talking about it also but the idea is to have it full of stupidly simple information that gets asked 1000000 times a day. Like gov removal what material i mean the basic of the basic kinda stuff.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
you can just write up a little guide, and put it as your first post in this thread, and there ya go a noob section.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
there's one thing i hate about forums as they get established, and that's when noobs can't ask questions. So yeah i like the idea of more guides, but you gotta be able to ask the dumb questions! gets people involved

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
yeah but some things that are asked more then it should be should have a guide, and mabey a newb section that they can ask some questions in there Or re name the new user secion and add some more stuff that encoruges using it and saying hello and what not

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah i like the idea of more guides, no doubt. but if you're new, you don't really know what is a "newb question" or what is just a "question".

Sadly, we just gotta deal with noobs. Just remember we were ALL a noob at one time.

Rickracer

RM250 Race Kart Driver
Reaction score
Robert, have you checked out http://v8s10.org/forum/ ? We have 1 sticky at the top of each section with links to good threads on a lot of really good FAQ stuff. There are so many aspects to building a V8 S10 that we REALLY try to encourage folks to read as much as possible before jumping in and spending money in the wrong places, kinda like many newbs do here, buying mower or handkart style wheels and finding out they break pretty quickly. :cool:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rick -- good point, i like that idea. I'll look over how you guys do it on S10

Status
Not open for further replies.