Newbiew

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
Hello to all my name
Is Richie and I’m new to go carts and came across this site hope to make some new friends that can help me out with some questions thanks for the add to the site

redflash

Reaction score
we have all the answers.........if you ask the right questions.

Da Redflash

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
I need help identifying this go cart frame that was give to me so I can try and fix it

Attachments

• 6BB6EC33-2D46-47B5-8873-88EBE3D3456A.jpeg
    6BB6EC33-2D46-47B5-8873-88EBE3D3456A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 2D539F32-AB4B-41DD-9FDB-2EC357DD3757.jpeg
    2D539F32-AB4B-41DD-9FDB-2EC357DD3757.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 6344EC13-B4C8-4C61-9A1F-F33A8C6C1A22.jpeg
    6344EC13-B4C8-4C61-9A1F-F33A8C6C1A22.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You need to learn to joke and kid around if you’re going to make it here. We all try to be friends, it makes life more fun!

anderkart

Reaction score
You've got an vintage racekart frame from the 70's/80's era. Back then, there were over 50 different racekart brands that were all pretty much copying each other and building very similar appearing frame designs. Hardly any of those brands ever stamped their brand name onto the frame, i saw your serial # pic, but it's not much help in ID'ing it's brand.

The good news is most of the componets you need will interchange from other racekart brands and bolt right on.

I used to race karts like yours at tracks and have helped serveral guys like yourself here on this forum who bought bare racekart frames needing lots of parts. A few things i can tell you from experience are:

1 - You can typically buy an older 'Complete Roller Racekart" (that means everything except the engine & clutch) just like yours for like $400.

2 - Buying all of the brand new, racekart componets you need for your frame will probably cost at least $2,000, and result in the complete running kart only being worth like maybe $600 when you sell it... Building a racekart from a bare frame like yours is the absolute most expensive way to get a racekart.

3 - When racers sell off their bare frames (like yours), It's typically because the frame was somehow damaged from a wreck (or 'flexed-out') and no longer handled correctly; so they bought a replacement frame and transferred all of their old componets over. Then they sold the old damaged frame off...

4 - Racekarts like yours only have like 1 inch of ground clearance, you cant hardly ride them anywhere except on perfectly flat surfaces like paved roads without constantly high-centering and scraping the frame against the ground.

5 - I'll help you find parts that fit if you still wanna build this frame.
You'll find most of the racekart parts you'll be needing at this site if you wanna check it out: https://cometkartsales.com/home.php

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
You've got an vintage racekart frame from the 70's/80's era. Back then, there were over 50 different racekart brands that were all pretty much copying each other and building very similar appearing frame designs. Hardly any of those brands ever stamped their brand name onto the frame, i saw your serial # pic, but it's not much help in ID'ing it's brand.

The good news is most of the componets you need will interchange from other racekart brands and bolt right on.

I used to race karts like yours at tracks and have helped serveral guys like yourself here on this forum who bought bare racekart frames needing lots of parts. A few things i can tell you from experience are:

1 - You can typically buy an older 'Complete Roller Racekart" (that means everything except the engine & clutch) just like yours for like $400.

2 - Buying all of the brand new, racekart componets you need for your frame will probably cost at least $2,000, and result in the complete running kart only being worth like maybe $600 when you sell it... Building a racekart from a bare frame like yours is the absolute most expensive way to get a racekart.

3 - When racers sell off their bare frames (like yours), It's typically because the frame was somehow damaged from a wreck (or 'flexed-out') and no longer handled correctly; so they bought a replacement frame and transferred all of their old componets over. Then they sold the old damaged frame off...

4 - Racekarts like yours only have like 1 inch of ground clearance, you cant hardly ride them anywhere except on perfectly flat surfaces like paved roads without constantly high-centering and scraping the frame against the ground.

5 - I'll help you find parts that fit if you still wanna build this frame.
You'll find most of the racekart parts you'll be needing at this site if you wanna check it out: https://cometkartsales.com/home.php
Thank you for your knowledge on this
And I would
Like to build this just for fun not to be a track racer at all .. but if it’s cheaper to just find a roller than to mess with this 1 guess that’s what I’ll have to do
Thanks

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Yes, I live in a place I swore I would never move to. Life can be unkind sometimes. But we have made the most of it. Of course Nashville ain't what it used to be either, so there's that.