New to kart building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Phillip and I live in Texas. I"m new to the whole kart building thing. My nine year old daughter rode her first go kart on vacation last month and she got the bug. We decided to make a father daughter project out of it. I picked up a book from northern tools that had detailed plans and drawings for a single and double cart. I am finished welding up the frame for a single seatrer and now am working on the front end components. The frame is made completely out of 1" square 14gague tubing. I will post pictures once I have taken some.

rocko

Reaction score
finished

i finished that go kart to probally a week ago ill post pics soon and maybe a video:D

Phillip

Reaction score
What Luck

Tonight I was discussing the build of the go kart with my brother and a friend of mine. I showed them the completed frame and told them my plans to build myself a suspension cart once I am finished with my daughters. This friend of mine took me to his barn and gave me a Suzuki LT-F160 4 wheeler and asked if I could use the motor and transmision in the build. His kids have long outgrown it, I couldn't turn it down. It runs but needs the carb adjusted. Thinking of using the whole power train from this ATV. It is a 5 speed with reverse. I would keep it as a 4 wheeler but that wouldn't be any fun now would it? Maybe it could be my first GO-KART en STEIN. Any thoughts?

Phillip

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that you should build a sweet suspension kart with it! That'd be great! BTW, what area of Texas are you in?

Phillip

Reaction score
I'm from the Houston area. I would like to make a correction to my previous post. The 4 wheeler is a LT 230 if that makes any difference.

Phillip Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.