New to go karts questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeRunner15

=======
Messages
660
Reaction score
9
Location
================
My motor is already rattling

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I hear it coming from the valve cover I'm assuming play in the rockers.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ---------- and now it's ticking

I wanted to put new valve springs on cause I could hear them float at full throttle some times

When you choose to replace the rods: Drain oil first. Disassemble crank case. Clean and remove all metal chunks and shavings. Install forged rods (and not cast iron). ReAssemble. Add new oil. Good to go.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
When you choose to replace the rods: Drain oil first. Disassemble crank case. Clean and remove all metal chunks and shavings. Install forged rods (and not cast iron). ReAssemble. Add new oil. Good to go.

DUDE! Are you drunk already? If I were you , I'd stick to something I knew something about before I started spewing advice.

Care to post up links to those forged and cast iron rods?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
72
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
When you choose to replace the rods: Drain oil first. Disassemble crank case. Clean and remove all metal chunks and shavings. Install forged rods (and not cast iron). ReAssemble. Add new oil. Good to go.

Your sig says it all, "All you need are the Resources"? Some knowledge on the subject goes a long way too...

In 30 years of working on engines, I haven't seen a cast iron conrod yet...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top