New @ the carts but mechanical background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Wife spotted 2 seater cart Tractor Supply a Silver Fox. Had to have. Almost 2 yrs now have engine troubles. All I see on it is Manco. Appreciate some info. Live northern Ky across from Cincinnati, Ohio. Grand kids & Oldsters run machine hard now needs some TLC. I have to admit I'm probably of the worst on it 65 next month wide open and then doughnuts on it. Help appreciated Thanks Have a Great Day:cheers2:

Tony

Reaction score
I would personly put a bigger engine on it like from a snowmobile or motorcycle. What is the engine doing? For me its usually something obvious that I overlook.

Grumpy

Reaction score
engine erratic

sometimes runs great others backfires through carb misses not sure if in ignition or fuel has a vacuum device on fuel tank and one on the top of the carb. Vacuum line starts @ the intake below carb has tee in it. One part to fuel tank other to carb. Wonder if this is problem since it runs great @ times. Lock brakes and run under full load when this occurs doesn't seem to bad and if you do get it going & wide open not as severe. The engine has quite a bit of movement when start to take off almost a pivot. looks like 10 to 20 degrees of rotation. It's the way mounted and suspension system of the cart. This cart when running right runs about 40 miles per hr on flat ground when speedometer was working. Wife tore wires off it running over tonka toy dump truck. had headlights kids tore them off just plastic anyway. Had to straighten front end where one guy riding it ran into a tree. That one made me mad as a comment came back to me fellow driving made. It's OK if I break it Grumpy will fix it. Any help will be appreciated. My experience is in diesels and tow boat operation & maint. Elect. Hydraulic welding, design, build. sometimes figure it out in my head other times on paper. Most Horse Power systems I deal with 600 to 1800 HP. these are small. Reason telling this I sometimes convert systems to work in much smaller versions. Thanks again and have a GREAT DAY PS Tech Manuals on carts & engines if can be located.

Status
Not open for further replies.